1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic Making Weird Feedback Noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Donnie Darko, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Thread Starter

My microphone when I plug it in via Pink Mic Jack on my pc makes a never ending loud beep sound..Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work..PLEEEASSSEEE help me

2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Ignore the colour,check to see the tiny microphone icon ,it may be pink but mine is not & I had my mic plugged into the pink & it didn't work,so I checked & low & behold,wrong colour.Plug in where the mic icon is.
    Also make sure that the mic volume is not set so high that you are getting feedback.

3. Donnie Darko

Its plugged in properly..and its not the volume thats causing the feedback..Ive tried everything even unplugging the speakers and everything but i still get the noise..is there a possibilty that it could be something internal on the tower?

4. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Just going with what you describe,it almost sounds like a short in the mic, or a short in the mic port on the comp.
    Oh by the way, if the speakers are unplugged, how are you hearing the sound?

5. Donnie Darko

Because Im on skype talking to people with it and I ask them if they still hear it and they do..its not a short in the mic because its done this with other mics but a short in the mic port makes sense. Know of any ways to fix it? I'm pretty knowledgeable of computers but im not sure how to go about fixing this

6. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Ahhhh,IF it happens only in Skype,then I would say it's a problem with Skype,which you could uninstall & reinstall,but if it happens anytime you use the mic,as in recording,have you tried that,then I go with the port short.I have my doubts on fixing that.You may need to buy a new sound card just for the mic port.
    But before you go out & buy a new card keep searching for answers here,,it may be a simple fix that I am missing!

7. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

You don't have mic boost on by any chance?

8. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

What happens when you do a mic test?

9. Donnie Darko

I have mic boost disabled and it isnt only with skype. I had a feeling it had to be something internal so it is probably the port itself.. I'll continue to look around for a solution but if i dont find one its no big deal because I plan on getting a new PC soon. I appreciate the help

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773124