Mic Mute button broke on headset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yyt25

I was wondering if there was a possibility to mute my mic using a shortcut key. I know how to mute it manually by going into raeltek settings and inside of control panel.
I have my headset plugged in to my onboard sound card.

Mobo: MSI x58 pro
audio driver version: 6.0.1.6151
Headset: Razer Carcharias

Thanks in advance

When you have the Realtek settings up, you could bring up task manager, find the applications, and right click to go to process. I'm guessing it would be the process RTHDCPL.EXE. It may be different as I'm not entirely famliar with 7 yet, especially 64 bit, so hopefully somebody can add to this, with more experience.

That being said, you could create a desktop shortcut to this to save SOME time, but I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for. If nothing else, I hope this gets the ball rolling, I'd like to see a better way as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online