1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic Mute button broke on headset

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by yyt25, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yyt25

yyt25 Thread Starter

I was wondering if there was a possibility to mute my mic using a shortcut key. I know how to mute it manually by going into raeltek settings and inside of control panel.
    I have my headset plugged in to my onboard sound card.

Mobo: MSI x58 pro
    audio driver version: 6.0.1.6151
    Headset: Razer Carcharias

Thanks in advance

2. galoryber

galoryber

When you have the Realtek settings up, you could bring up task manager, find the applications, and right click to go to process. I'm guessing it would be the process RTHDCPL.EXE. It may be different as I'm not entirely famliar with 7 yet, especially 64 bit, so hopefully somebody can add to this, with more experience.

That being said, you could create a desktop shortcut to this to save SOME time, but I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for. If nothing else, I hope this gets the ball rolling, I'd like to see a better way as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice