1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mic not working after windows update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Oways53, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oways53

Oways53 Thread Starter

I have recently downloaded the windows 10 October update. ever since then my mic hasn't been working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers. to add on the Realtek HD audio manager program has been removed and when I try to reinstall it doesn't open. I have reported this problem to windows support. they were with me and tried to solve my problem. they then said to contact my motherboard company as it was not their issue. they tried all of their options and to the best of their ability. my motherboard company told be to use a spare harddrive to backup my stuff and then clean start my pc with new windows. I am unable to do so. please give me other suggestions.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

To be honest, if Microsoft and the company which manufactures your motherboard haven't been able to provide alternative options, I doubt there's much else we'll have to offer here.

3. Oways53

Oways53 Thread Starter

you never know...

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice