mic not working after windows update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Oways53

I have recently downloaded the windows 10 October update. ever since then my mic hasn't been working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers. to add on the Realtek HD audio manager program has been removed and when I try to reinstall it doesn't open. I have reported this problem to windows support. they were with me and tried to solve my problem. they then said to contact my motherboard company as it was not their issue. they tried all of their options and to the best of their ability. my motherboard company told be to use a spare harddrive to backup my stuff and then clean start my pc with new windows. I am unable to do so. please give me other suggestions.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To be honest, if Microsoft and the company which manufactures your motherboard haven't been able to provide alternative options, I doubt there's much else we'll have to offer here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts