1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic part of headset not working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Buzzinator, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Buzzinator

Buzzinator Thread Starter

Product name: DX-28 Dynex Stereo Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone Long story short, it is not picking up anything I say into the mic. I've already went into all the audio options I know on my computer to ensure nothing was muted/tampered with, and nothing came up. I can still HEAR sound, but when it comes to recording, nothing.

2. Sponsor

3. DerekC

DerekC

Sometimes the long story is better, it helps with troubleshooting. Has it ever worked? Was anything changed since it worked last? Have you tried the mic with more then one voice program? If it's usb have you moved it to another port, or if it's a mini-jack, have you tried in both the front and back of the computer?

4. Buzzinator

Yeah, it has. I haven't had this problem before with this mic. It just... stopped working. Yes, I've tried it with other voice programs, and still nothing. Its not a USB, just 2 jacks (green & pink). Back part of computer is even worse... no sound at all.

5. DerekC

DerekC

Can you try the headset on another computer, or try another mic on this one?

6. Buzzinator

Yeah, I've tried it on other computers to no avail. Other mics (borrowed from a friend) work on my computer.

7. DerekC

DerekC

If that's the case where it doesn't work elsewhere, and others work on your computer, then sorry to say, but it's time for a new Mic.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice