1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MastoW, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MastoW

MastoW Thread Starter

Recently I built a new computer, and everything looked like it was working, except my mic wasn't pickup up audio. When I tried plugging it into my phone however, it worked beautifully, so the headset itself is not broken. I then looked up and downloaded the most recent audio drivers for my motherboard, X470 Gaming Plus, and installed them twice and three times in total, with no different result any time. I've tried installing audio configuration programs, asking other websites, but I have gotten no response

Relevant Info:
    -Windows 10
    -Motherboard: X470 Gaming Plus
    -Audio Drivers: Realtek Universal HD (latest version)

2. Florone

Florone

Did you try both, back and front plugs for the mic?
    If the backport works you might have forgotten to plug in the audio cord of your case.
    Otherwise go to the device manager and check your devices. Does it recognize a mic at all?
    Check which mic is your standart device.

I myself have a similar issue I can't resolve, but that are some points where to start troubleshooting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice