1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic suddenly stops working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8terkev10, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sk8terkev10

sk8terkev10 Thread Starter

I'm on Windows XP Pro Before my mic was working perfectly fine, but suddenly it isn't. I tested it using the Sound Recorder on Windows and nothing is being picked up, but I tested it on my laptop and it works fine there.

I looked in device manager and under Other Devices there's a yellow question mark next to Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. I have an XFI Sound Card so I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but that didn't help, so then I uninstalled the driver through the device manager, restarted and the driver reinstalled, but it's still the yellow question mark.

2. sk8terkev10

3. sk8terkev10

4. sk8terkev10

5. Fabienne

Fabienne

Interesting. I have a yellow mark too. I have the SB X-FI 8C00 and my old mic worked, it was a usb but my new mic which is a plug in jack wont work. I cant get the yellow mark to go away either.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice