1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Micosoft Outlook - Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TLehman, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLehman

TLehman Thread Starter

We are running Windows ME & using Outlook. I am getting an error now everytime that I am trying to even move within my folders. Outlook is not bringing in my messages from the mail server either. The error I'm getting is:
    "Errors have been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool."
    I have no idea where or what the "Inbox Repair Tool" is and can not find it.

What do I need to do to fix this problem and where do I find the "Inbox Repair Tool"? Is there something else that you think could have caused this problem?

We had a power outage on Tuesday this week and Outlook was up and open at the time the power went out. Since then I have had this problem.

Please Help!

Thanks

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Do a find for scanpst.exe

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Since not all versions install scanpst.exe, I put a copy up on my web site for you:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/scanpst.zip

Easiest is to uncompress it in the directory where the PST file is located. Then you don't have to browse so much.

Also a good point for making backups

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice