1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Micraphone Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by novicerover, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novicerover

novicerover Thread Starter

I use skype to contact my ,late wifes ,folkes in the USA and the PC mic's stopped working for no reason I can discover.I have gone through Sounds and Auto devices,changed the headset and covered the skype tests to no avail. Updated drivers etc.and I am getting more frustrated by the day.
    Can anybody help,could it be a hardware problem ?

Medion 8386 desktop ,2/3 yrs old Windows XP SP3 AGK Vidiocam Headset.Speakers and everything else O/K

2. novicerover

novicerover Thread Starter

Since my last post,having covered everything with no success, I used a bluetooth headset to get me by on Skype.
    Decieded to look inside the PC this week and wiggled the connections to the back of the block.housing the mike and audio sockets and we are now working again
    Obviously was a bad connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice