1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Micro Disk Memory Card help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Princessmere1, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Princessmere1

Princessmere1 Thread Starter

Hello. I have installed a sandisk micro memory card on my HP stream 13 laptop. I am trying to play games on steam and it told me I did not have enough disk space avaliable to download game. I bought a micro sandisk card and installed it. I can't get steam to use the extra space from the micro disc. Still says I need 2183 mb. My card is 8 GB. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    You would have to install that game into a directory on the SD card.

But, I'm not sure if you can do that with one game or if you have to move the whole library? I'm an avid Steam user, (have about $2k worth of games) but hate to say I have never really paid close attention to the directory options that much.

3. Princessmere1

Princessmere1 Thread Starter

Thank you! I'm not even sure how to move it to the SD card at all. It doesn't give me that option on steam.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Likely because it is seen by Windows as removable media. You typically can't install software to removable media.

How about spending some time to cleanup the primary HDD?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice