Micro PSU units

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kellie99

I have a ACER Inspire X3812, running on Windows 7. I want to install a geforce graphics card however the psu is too low, it's 220watts when i need at least 300w. The problem is the tower is a low profile tower and i need a micro psu. Can anybody help me as i havent really got a clue what im doing or where to look
Many thanks Kellie x

The first thing you should do is take accurate measurements of the existing power supply. Do a Google search for power supply for ACER Inspire X3812. This search should bring up some "hits" for the standard replacement power supply and also any others that are available that will fit the chassis. Most of the time on replacement power supplies the seller will post the dimensions so that you can check the dimensions against the currently installed unit.

If your current power supply is a manufacturer proprietary size you may find that you will be very limited in available replacement units.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online