Micro SD Card Missing Photos

DazP

Hello,

I have transferred some photos from my old 32gb SDHC memory card to a new 64gb Sdxc memory card. All of the photos have moved over successfully and I have checked the number of photos in the folders.

However when I come to put the new SD card with the files on into my phone, on my phone (Samsung galaxy s7) it shows about a thousand less files!

Can you advise?

Look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Darren

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have transferred some photos from my old 32gb SDHC memory card to a new 64gb Sdxc memory card
HOW please - on a computer etc.
Please provide full details

When you say
However when I come to put the new SD card with the files on into my phone, on my phone (Samsung galaxy s7) it shows about a thousand less files!
Do you mean folders are missing as you also said
All of the photos have moved over successfully and I have checked the number of photos in the folders.
or the folders are there but the jpgs within them are missing

This may help
https://thedroidguy.com/galaxy-s7-d...nsferring-files-sd-card-memory-issues-1076740

DazP

HOW please - on a computer etc.
Please provide full details

When you say

Do you mean folders are missing as you also said

or the folders are there but the jpgs within them are missing

This may help
https://thedroidguy.com/galaxy-s7-d...nsferring-files-sd-card-memory-issues-1076740
I transferred these through a micro SD card reader inserted into sd card slot on my laptop then copied and pasted all files onto laptop then cut and paste onto new SD card

Folders are there just some of the photos are missing... About a thousand out of 5 thousand...

Thanks for the link but that basically just says do a factory reset...

When I plug my old SD card back into my phone, all of the images show fine... And all of the images show on my new SD card when in the laptop, but not when I put it in my phone!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Connect the Galaxy with the old SD card in to the computer, NOT by taking out the SD card and putting it into a reader
COPY the photos to the computer - NOT cut and paste
Check they are there on the computer
Disconnect the Galaxy by Safely remove or shutdown the computer and disconnect
Put the new SD card in the Galaxy format it on the Galaxy
Connect the Galaxy to the computer
COPY and paste the files to the Galaxy
Check they can all be seen from the SD card
Disconnect the Galaxy

On an aside note why anyone would attempt to keep 5000 images on a phone SD card is beyond me

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
DazP
I see you have viewed my last post, please do let us know how you go with this procedure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online