1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Micro SD Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ginlane, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginlane

ginlane Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I have a ScanDisk 64GB Micro SD card (the one that fits in Android phones)
    I don't know what's up with it but it's not working right.
    So I tried to add a file to it while the phone was plugged in via cable to the computer. Everything's okay until I detach the wire. At that point the new file disappears.
    Also, when I try to delete files everything's fine until I unplug then all the files reappear again.
    I've tried to format several different ways including one way using Windows Powershell, and another using third party software, it says things like "action cannot be completed"
    It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can now, neither delete or add files via the computer.
    The same happens when I try putting the card into an adapter and plugging into the computer.
    I'd like to know if my card is totally beyond repair
    I'd like to know if I can format in some way and reinstall the files
    And I'd like to know why and how this happened to make sure it doesn't happen again
    I use Windows 7. 64bit
    Kind regards gin

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Memory cards have a finite lifespan, lasting approximately 10,000 to 100,000 write/erase operations.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you do the same thing before and it worked ok ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice