1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Micro SD memory card-uploading problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by amandaaasdf, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amandaaasdf

amandaaasdf Thread Starter

Hi, I've been making audio recordings of my piano playing for an audition, and I used a ZOOM Q2HD (with a Micro SD memory card) to record myself playing. However, the laptop was not able to detect the memory card. It said "There's nothing to import. We couldn't find anything to import from that device. Make sure that it's unlocked, then try again." The zoom recorder was unlocked and turned on, so I don't get why it couldn't detect anything... And I know that it's the memory card that's not working, and the Zoom recorder is working fine, because I tried another memory card with the same Zoom recorder and my laptop was able to detect everything. Any suggestions?

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

ZOOM Q2HD has a firemare update.....have you updated it? You may have to do it again, your audition on a known working SD card.....as the current one may be corrupt or failed.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test the card in another reader. But I suspect the card has simply failed.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I downloaded the manual from here
    Code:
    https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/Q2HD_UserGuide_English.pdf
    Do you have HandyShare and Quicktime installed on the computer?

You have to format the sd card in the recorder to make it usable in the recorder.

There are no directions on using HanyShare. There is also nothing mentioned about removing the sd card and being able to read it in a computer. (Since any sd card has to be formatted in the recorder to use it, we have no idea what format the sd card is now in).

I did find a Zoom forum. http://zoomforum.us/index.php

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!