microATX to ATX

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

G4S4FX5700

Ok, I bought an emachines computer a while ago, and steadily upgraded the sound and video card. But now I want to upgrade the motherboard, case, cpu, ram, and PSU. hehehe, reminds me of the "Kits" that you buy in Need for speed underground. Well anyway, I currently have a Dublin Micro atx motherboard, micro atx Psu (very small) and a crappy case. So my question is: Can I just buy a new tower case and an atx PSU, and upgrade the motherboard later, or is the atx PSU not compatable with a micro atx Motherboard?

So for a simpler version, (old Micro ATX MB + standard ATX case and PSU = compatable?)

If you could, I need some good motherboard (AMD 64), case (full tower), and psu (400+ watt) suggestions.

from what i have read it seems compatable. it seems to have the same connector to the motherboard as an atx but is smaller (and less powerful)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online