Micron PC's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnO28356

Just looking for opinions/first hand knowledge, I guess. Ready to buy a new comp and want to get away from the proprietary Dell with it's inherent incapability of being upgraded. A year or more ago a lot of people were talking up Micron, but I know they've gone through bankruptcy since then. Just wondering if their product has been adversely affected. Still see some good sounding computers on their site. Altenatively- If anyone recommends a good non-proprietary computer. Thanks.

Why not build your own? It's easier & cheaper than most folks realize. You'll end up with exactly what you want & have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. No one can sell a reasonably priced PC, say $1000-$2000, for what you can build it for. They always end up scimping somewhere.
With sites like this even tech support can be handled. As long as you buy retail warrenties for componets can be as long as any PC vendor.
I'm not real familiar with Micron other than they've been around awhile & they're fairly large. What makes you think they won't put proprietary componets in it?

JohnO28356

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look at Nutrend in the morning. I just can't see myself building one. I'd tie these forums up for weeks just trying to choose components.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online