1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone and Modem doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dhearron, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhearron

dhearron Thread Starter

I have just bought a computer with a ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe MOB with a P5 3.0. Hard drives are two Maxtor SATA drives configured in Intel's Matrix Raid 0+1 configuration with 1GB Ram.

I can not get the integrated soundcard on the Intel 915G chipset to read the microphone. I have to nearly swallow the microphone and yell for any flicker on the meter to register. The MOB came with the C-Media 3D sound driver and software programs.

Also, and most likely related is the fact that when I tried to install and configure a US Robotics internal FAX, Data, Voice modem that the computer would lock up.

Can you help me understand what to is going on and how to fix this problem?

2. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

Two things.

First of all delete all sound card references in Device manager and reload your sound drivers. Most ASUS boards require that you load sound drivers last for best operation.

The modem Issue:

Give this a try:

To to the modem manufacturer's website and download the latest and best drivers. (forget the disk that came with the modem)

Go into Start, Control Panel, System, Harware, Device Manager and remove ALL references to a modem.

Shut down and physically remove your modem and place it in PCI #3 (third slot down from the AGP port)

Enter BIOS setup menu and make sure the PnP is set to DISABLED>

Save and Exit

Reboot and when it finds the modem force feed (Don't listen to the XP message that says the best drivers are loaded) the drivers you have downloaded.

This should get you going.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice