1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone Cannot Hear Me ...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ElShaddai, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ElShaddai

ElShaddai Thread Starter

Good day,

I please need assistance with regards to my PC's microphone. I have double checked that all the correct drivers have been installed, that it is not on mute and that it is plugged into the correct jack. When I try using Voice Recorder, it is completely silent. My OS is Windows 7 Professional and my sound processor is SoundMax. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Is it USB or a basic 3.5mm jack? Have you tested the mic on a different pc/device?

3. ElShaddai

ElShaddai Thread Starter

Hi! Thanks for your reply :) It is a 3.5mm jack and I have tested it on another pc and it works successfully :)

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Ok on your computer are you using onboard sound or an add-on sound card?

What's the make and model number of the pc its NOT working on?

5. ElShaddai

ElShaddai Thread Starter

My PC's make and model is a Dell Optiplex GX620 and it is onboard sound (Windows sound?)

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Yes you can call it windows sound :) I just wanted to determine if it was sound from an add-on card or if it was the built-in audio card.

Can you provide me the service tag for that Dell computer?

And is your WINDOWS 7 pro a 32 or 64 bit version?

7. ElShaddai

ElShaddai Thread Starter

My PC is a 32 bit version and the service tag is 07734940219 (just in case, I have tried to ask Dell with regards to this and they advised that my warranty/guarantee service has expired :-(

8. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Your pc is very old and ONLY has driver support for windows xp. It's my guess its not working because its not able to load an appropriate driver for windows 7. You may have to purchase a sound card to install which will support windows 7

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice