Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microphone detected but not working!!

2K views 30 replies 4 participants last post by  MaverickWolfe 
#1 ·
Good day to all. Can you please assist me with a major issue that I have been having for a while now. I have distant family and need to urgently communicate with them via skype. My microphone is detected but does not work even though it says that it is working correctly.No green bars seem to be moving. Please assist me.

Kind regards: Reegan.R

#6 ·
Hi DSTM, Thank you for the speedy response, I have attached below a screenshot of the recording tab. The mic is enabled and set as default, however the problem still persists. Do you suggest any other methods that I could follow to try and rectify the issue?

Kind Regards: Reegan R

Attachments

#9 ·
Hi Flavallee, your input is much appreciated. My issue is not just with Skype, but with other applications as well. Example, Windows Sound Recorder doesnt pick up any audio... However , I have checked prior to joining this forum that the device IS working correctly( Refer to the screenshot below) So I am assuming that it could be a possible communication error... All drivers are installed and up to date... I am positive that this issue CAN be rectified as my internal mic doesnt seem to be damaged... Thank you for your input and I appreciate any other possible solutions.

Kind Regards: Reegan R

Attachments

#11 ·
Hi DSTM and MaverickWolfe, my issue seems to be within my internal mic... An external mic works perfectly fine. But even though the internal mic is detected and is working properly according to windows, there seems to be no evidence of audio being heard (green bars are NOT moving)

Kind Regards: Reegan.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.