microphone echo.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hawk1220

for some reason my microphone starts to pick up in-game sounds today. (its a mic headset)
its the icemat siberia full size headset (which is the headphone and mic are seperated)
and when i tried it today in vent ppl say they can hear my gun fires. (not using speakers)
its relaly weird so i went to contrl panel/sound control/ audio/ and tried to mute my microphone. the option is not there so i go to the properties of volume control. to the check boxes. the microphone options is not there...

\http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1049/80958839js5.jpg
any help please???? thanks

--
windows xp pro sp2
amd dual-core BE-2300
nvidia 8600 Gt 512mb
2gb ram
sigmatel audio

In that picture you included, the middle window that says Properties at the top, tick the circle next to Recording and make sure Microphone is checked at the bottom then click ok then check its level.

When you selected "Recording", were all of the options that popped up in the "Show the following volume controls" below, ticked?

whats in the advanced button on your mic? I can't look on my own because I'm grounded in safe mode until I recreate my own problem

sorry couldn't get back to you, my computer BSOD'd again and am trying again with some new voltages....

did you get this resolved? Can you show an image of your recording control (window under the last ss)

hawk1220

apparently i returned my siberia headset and used an old radio shack desktop microphone which lots of ppl complain a bout the horrible quality fixed the "echo" of speakers.

but i am soon gettin a new microphone and would still have to face this problem (I hope not)

I didnt change any settin in the control except switching the microphone...
could it be just my driver of sound not allowing it as an option??

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7051/43030069bp6.jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.