1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone has weird volume changes anywhere but on Skype

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Wireshark, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wireshark

Wireshark Thread Starter

Hello,
    I recently bought a new jack microphone to stream with. While the microphone works perfectly in Skype, everywhere else it has very weird volume changes.
    If I keep the microphone about 5 cm away from my mouth my voice is almost inppossible to hear, while if i put it closer by 1 cm, there is a huge volume boost and everything works perfectly. I know for sure that the microphone works, because I tried it with my phone, and, again with Skype, without any problems.
    I also tried updating the drivers, as well as disabling all the Windows enhancements, but the problem persists
    Thank you in advance,
    Andrea

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8116 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6 Gb
    Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (33 GB Free); D: 931 GB (790 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL703GM
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice