Solved Microphone/Headphones awful quality on brand new pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jewie

Hello there,

I recently built myself a new pc and switched from a laptop. My headset is the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 and they worked perfectly fine on my laptop and the microphone quality was good.

However now on my new pc it is very very poor.

I have tried A LOT of things to fix this; updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, rollbacking drivers, installing HD Realtek audio drives, setting defaults.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I have also tried different headphones and the problem still exists.

EDIT: The sound has been described to me by friends as very "tinny" or like im at the bottom of a well or muffled. I have tried various settings within the Mic tab in razer synapse and none of this has fixed it.

EDIT 2: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1LP507L9Jl4 this is a link to me on my main desktop
and this is a link to me on my previous laptop: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1jxM38z6SUU. Both using the same drivers, audacity settings and headphones.

EDIT 3: I FIXED IT: Turning mic quality from Telphone -> CD worked :) Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

I may not be able to offer a solution, but someone else here may be able to offer a solution if you gave some more details beyond "poor" as to the exact nature of the problem (low volume, distortion, hum, buzzing noise, other type of noise, etc).

Jewie

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

I may not be able to offer a solution, but someone else here may be able to offer a solution if you gave some more details beyond "poor" as to the exact nature of the problem (low volume, distortion, hum, buzzing noise, other type of noise, etc).
Hi, thanks! I made a little edit, hopefully someone can help

managed

Allan
If you haven't done so already try connecting the headset directly to the motherboard on the back of the PC.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Have you tried the headset in different applications? Do you hear the same problem if you try to record yourself talking and using whatever sound recorder is available with your version of Windows?

Jewie

Have you tried the headset in different applications? Do you hear the same problem if you try to record yourself talking and using whatever sound recorder is available with your version of Windows?
Hello,
I tried recording myself in Audacity and it sounded the exact same unfortunately

managed

Allan
You could try removing the connector(s) from the motherboard to the case's audio sockets, it might help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
You could try removing the connector(s) from the motherboard to the case's audio sockets, it might help.
I was under the impression the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 had a USB interface. I wouldn't think any changes in the motherboard's analog audio connector hookups would affect the microphone sound quality.

managed

Allan
I was under the impression the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 had a USB interface. I wouldn't think any changes in the motherboard's analog audio connector hookups would affect the microphone sound quality.
Yes you're right Chuck, my mistake. :notworthy:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online