1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone Input to TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PizzaLover84, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PizzaLover84

PizzaLover84 Thread Starter

Ok so basically, I have a microphone and I want to connect it to my tv. Nothing really special about it, just a simple microphone jack. Is there any way to do so? It's not a karoke machine type deal, though I'm wishing I spent the money on that if I knew I was going to have somuch trouble haha. I don't know if this is the right thread but if not can someone point me to the right one?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi PizzaLover84, and welcome to TSG.

Are you wishing to use the TV like some type of simple public address system to have the TV's speakers output an amplified level of what is spoken into the microphone? Please clearly explain what you wish to accomplish if want to do something else.

Does the TV have any analog audio inputs?

3. PizzaLover84

PizzaLover84 Thread Starter

Thats basically it. I want to have karaoke night but I didn't have a machine, I have a speaker that can get one mic input. I was hoping I could just use my tv as a glorified speaker. Also yea, those are those red and white cord things rigt?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Red and white RCA jacks are usually line level stereo inputs on a TV. A typical dynamic microphone outputs much lower level signals. You would need a microphone pre-amp to amplify the microphone output to line level and then split it to both the right (red) and left (white) audio inputs on the TV. If you plan to play the karaoke audio and video through the TV, you would need to upgrade from a pre-amp to a mixer with at least one set of line level stereo inputs and at least one microphone input.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice