1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone issues...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AUS_Sammo, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUS_Sammo

AUS_Sammo Thread Starter

Hey Guys/Gals.

To begin with, I have a Sound Blaster Audigy LS as my Soundcard.

Not long ago, I purchased a Logitech Quickcam Zoom (I think that's it). ANyway, when I installed it, because it has a mic installed within the camera, the Logitech mic overwrote my options within Sound settings and Teamspeak as my preferred Mic. Once I figured this out, I went into Control Panel, and the other necessary programs to change my Recording back to Audigy. All was good...

A week later, I had to unplug my Camera and replug it. Once again, it overwrote things, and this time when I changed the settings back, my other Mic wouldn't work. The headset I had at the time didn't have a mute switch, so I thought it was to blame. After buying a new headset, my Mic recording was back to normal.

After moving my computer yesterday, and putting everything back together, I started it up and once again found my Camera had overwrote my mic settings. After changing everything back to normal, the mic on this second headset is now failing to respond, and Windows can't even detect a mic. And this headset does have a Mute switch, and yes, it's not on mute. Also, I've tried turning the computer on without the camera plugged in in case it was some kind of collision, but no go.

Has ANYONE ever had a problem similar to this? I'm hoping someone has...

Thanks in Advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice