Microphone issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knuckles357

Been having this problem with my realtek and my microphone, first of all, just wanted to say I put this in both the hardware and software forums because I'm not too sure which one it belongs to =/

Anyway I'm using Windows XP professional. Running it on an Acer Aspire 5920g

I bought a 5 dollar microphone with a stand the other day, I plugged it into my laptop, which worked for awhile. Then it stopped, then it worked again then it didn't.

I use realtek HD audio manager for my laptop, and I updated the driver, which worked for it, then stopped the next time I tried to use it.

Problem is, when I plug in my mic, the realtek HD audio manager pops up, which means it detects that something is plugged in, but does not recognize it as a microphone, this would be my due to my microphone being spoiled but on several occasions, it does detect my microphone as a microphone so I'm totally stumped as to what the problem is.

And if someone knows how to use a program or manually turn off the microphone that is built into the screen of my laptop, that info would be appreciated =)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online