1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone Jack Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChimiChanga87, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChimiChanga87

ChimiChanga87 Thread Starter

My microphone has always been fine, but today it just stooped working. I suspect it is an issue with the headphone jack, and it is in the front board. I don't know if this will help, but whenever I push the microphone plug into the jack firmly, it works, but when I let go, it disconnects. Thanks in advance.

2. ChimiChanga87

ChimiChanga87 Thread Starter

It all works in the back panel, but I would like to fix the front panel if possible.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi ChimiChanga87, and welcome to TSG.

I don't think anyone here has any idea what kind of hardware you are talking about. I can guess that you may be talking about some kind of desktop computer as compared to a laptop or some kind of home audio receiver or amplifier.

If it is a desktop computer from a major manufacturer, please tell us the name of the manufacturer and the complete model number of the computer. If it is a custom built computer, please tell us the brands and full model numbers of both the case and motherboard. Based on that information, someone here may be able to suggest a repair.

EDIT: You say your microphone stopped working but say the problem may be with the headphone jack. Did you mean to say the microphone works when it is firmly pushed into the microphone jack? Are you using a headset with built-in microphone that uses a single plug for both the microphone and earpieces?

Last edited: May 22, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice