1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microphone not working (not very simple)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alirob12, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alirob12

alirob12 Thread Starter

hi, i have disabled the microphone (input) on my laptop - but not just disabled - i think i removed the hardware - in sound settings (control panel) and recoring - where - there should be two options - line in and mic, but i changed option and the mic has disappeared - and it is showing as not working properly in device manager. also cant run speed recognition etc as the mic is disabled - tried system restoring but nothing happened and have no drivers with my machine.. [​IMG]

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome to TSG!

You could only remove the hardware with a soldering iron. You did not do that.

Changing options should restore it, or simply download the appropriate drivrs from the laptop makers site.

3. m0oisnotcool

m0oisnotcool

Going to assume you are using an NT based windows OS...
    If you think you removed hardware, you probably didnt...
    Gonna start with the basics...
    Go to your control panel and switch to classic view... Go to Sound and Audio Devices. Go to the audio tab, under sound recording go to volume, click options, click properties make sure "Microphone" is selected... press okay tick the box next to "select" under microphone...
    Give us a yell if it is actually more complicated than this...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice