Microphone not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terryd

I am running Windows ME. I live in the UK and want to use a webcam and microphone to talk to my Dad in Australia. I have successfully got the camera working but cannot seem to get the microphone to work.
Is there a way to use the Control Panel to check the microphone and direct me how to get it to work.

The webcam is a Creative one and the microphone was included in the pack. I am using soundblaster software loaded when I bought my computer.

You have checked to make sure that it is plugged in, right? Now go to Programs-Accessories-Entertainment-Volume Control. See if that helps.

I had the same problem with MSN Messenger. I switched to Yahoo Messenger with no problems!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online