1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Cruben, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cruben

Cruben Thread Starter

It seems that my headset microphone is catching both my voice and my audio output, so people hear both me and whatever I hear from my PC (clearly).

I'm using the ASRock P55M Pro motherboard, that comes with the 7.1 CH HD Audio (VIA® VT1708S Audio Codec) audio. Using Windows 7.

My stereo mix is turned off, so that's not the problem. Using VIA HD Audio Deck drivers, these are my settings:

[​IMG]
    (I'm listening to music atm and not talking and you can see the microphone sound level going up and down)

I also tried with 3 different headsets and the problem is the same with all 3. Also tried reinstalling the audio drivers. I'm sure it's not catching the feedback from earpieces, as I even tried muting those with the volume wheel on cable and it still captured the sound.

Tried googling and trying a bunch of things, but nothing helped. Any idea how I could go about fixing this?

Thanks

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

there are two microphone controls one for record as shown in your setting and one in playback check that the one in playback mute is active.

3. Cruben

Cruben Thread Starter

Hi,

the only active control in playback tab is "Speakers" and if you look at the levels of it, the microphone is muted.

4. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

only other setting i can think of is advance settings can't tell you where it is in the audio options. "when the head phones are connected the internal speakers should mute automatically."

5. Cruben

Cruben Thread Starter

That didn't help either. Anyone got any other idea?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice