1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone problems!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by russ3l, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. russ3l

russ3l Thread Starter

I got a microphone, but i cant speak with it on my PC. I can hear all sounds but others cant hear that i m talking. If i try the microphone at other PC it works fine. The problem has been standing since i reinstalled my WinXP Pro.
    I cant boost the microphone in audio settings. Please help me!

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Have you ran the microphone test

control panel sounds and audio tab
    voice test hardware

3. russ3l

russ3l Thread Starter

If i do the microphone test, the mic. got no voice, the line dont go up. It doesnt show anything, and after test it recommends to fix everything and try again, but nothing then.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

When you reinstalled XP, did you reinstall motherboard drivers?

5. Fitz

Fitz

In The Advanced Controls in the Mic setup in Sound and Audio devices/Voice/ make sure that Front Panel is unchecked if your mic leads are jacked into the back sockets...it took me a while to find out that this had stopped my new mic from working

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice