1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microphone volume???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by doj, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doj

doj Thread Starter

I cant change the microphone volume as when i go into sound properties the slider for the microphone volume is there but i cant move it,,, its liked grayed out,,,, It is set to the default device as there is only one sound device on the computer,, looked at drivers all good there,,, looked for updates none available,,,, thanks for your time DOJ

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Have you went this route?

To adjust the recording volume

On the Options menu, click Properties.
    In the Properties dialog box, under Adjust volume for, click Recording.
    Select the check box next to the device that contains the input volume you want to adjust, and then click OK.
    Drag the Volume slider up or down to increase or decrease the input volume.

3. doj

doj Thread Starter

Think thats where i am,, just seems a bit different to your instrutions,,,, as i said the adjust volume wont move,,,like if i havent got accesses to the slider,,, running xp

4. doj

doj Thread Starter

Sorry yes thats where i am,,, and the slider is faint ,,, not solid like the other sliders

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice