Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microphone won't work...looked all over for help

723 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DavisMcCarn 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

So I use my microphone a lot online as I have moved away from home and I game and talk to my friends more frequently than i used to, so it saddens me to say that my microphone has just stopped working!!

Now I used to have a 3.5mm jack headset which worked fine until one day my friends could only hear sounds producing from my computer and themselves talking; ie whatever I could hear through my headphones they could hear...so I tried a lot of things, scoured the internet for help and everything that has been suggested hasn't worked.

Even after a fresh install of Windows 10 and a new USB headset, my microphone still doesn't detect my voice!

It really is starting to sound like my sound card has hit rock bottom

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've tried the whole default device, when I select the listen tab to microphone I can hear faint sounds producing from it...currently it's the default playback device and the stereo mixer is off, all drivers are up to date!

See less See more
#4 ·
Your best hope, then, is that a reinstall of the sound card drivers will fix things; but, you must go to the card or PC's support page ONLY (!!!) to get them. The core mixer for your audio is messed up and the problem with driver updaters or generic drivers is they do not match your hardware.
If its an onboard audio, what is the make and model of the PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.