1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone won't work on google voice

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jo7645, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jo7645

jo7645 Banned Thread Starter

I bought a microphone to use with google voice but when I tried to call someone they couldn't hear me. I think it has something to do with how my older laptop can't pick it up as a device. If I get a USB headset will my computer pick it up as a device? And does it matter which one I get? Or will just any USB headset work?

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

enter the audio options and set the microphone active also check that a mic boost is checked as well in the recording settings

3. jo7645

jo7645 Banned Thread Starter

The only thing I could find was manage audio devices so I click on my microphone but I seen that it was already enabled so I put the volume up and tried to call someone but they still didn't hear me my computer just went haywire because speech recognition was on it also repeated what I said about seven times probably because of feedback.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice