1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microphone wont work on iBook g4..

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by tina_bobena, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tina_bobena

tina_bobena Thread Starter

I purchased an ibook g4 off ebay a few weeks ago and i recently just found out it came with a built in microphone i have no idea on how to make it work....
    I went into iMovie because there is a voice record option but it comes up with nothing ive tried searching the help thing on my mac but still cant find anything on the microphone.
    Thanks in advance(y) :)

2. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

Try 'Sound - Input' in System Preferences

3. tina_bobena

Thanks! I went to 'Sound - Input' in System Preferences and turned it to the highest volume thing it could go but it still doesnt work? What else should i do or what am i doing wrong?
    but thanks so much for your help!!

4. tina_bobena

I actually tried recording something before on Audacity but it just come up as a buzzing noise please if anyone knows anything that would be greatly apprciated!

5. empire

empire

Most mac microphones are really bad, I wouldn't suggest using them. Although I try to use them alot, My friends say on the other line, you hear either a buzzing noise, or a high pitch screech.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!