1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MicroSD card not working at all

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sqepia, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sqepia

Sqepia Thread Starter

My MicroSD card used to work fine in my motorola moto x play, formatted as internal storage (with android 6.0.1). Suddenly, it stopped working. I tried reinserting the card many times, but it still said it was missing. So, accepting the fact that all my data was long gone, I plugged that sucker into my PC and tried to reformat it. I first used the Disk Management thing to try to wipe and reformat it, but it wouldn't work (when I right-click on the volume, the only option that comes up is 'delete volume', which it doesn't even do (I tried it). I then downloaded MiniTool Partition tool, which didn't work for it either. THen, I tried SDFormatter, to the same result. I then tried M3 Data Recovery, to the same result. I forgot to mention: when I plug the SD card into my PC, it makes the noise that windows makes when you connect a USB, but nothing shows up, and it is not assigned a drive letter in Disk Management. I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix this, and don't want to buy another SD card (I've bought three already - the one I use now is formatted as external storage, because the second one corrupted itself, too. To make matters worse, I have to reboot my phone a couple times a day so that my phone will actually recognise the fact that it's there).
    So, to recap; My SD card is corrupt, and needs fixing, and my phone is being terrible with any SD card I use with it. Please help (I understand that you'll need more information, but I don't know what specifics you'll want, so I didn't spend an hour listing every spec.... Please ask if you need any further info)

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First, if the card won't reformat in the phone or the PC, especially with all the software you tried (Windows format should be sufficient), the card is faulty.

Second, based on what you've stated in the recap, the phone has issues as well and is likely the cause of the SD card failures. Sounds like it's time for a new phone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice