1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft 2003 help!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by xCensored, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xCensored

xCensored Banned Thread Starter

This past year, I've bought a Toshiba Laptop computer and it's really great so far. In my "All Programs", I see Microsoft section and in there, there is the Microsoft Powerpoint 2003, Mic. Word 2003, Mic. Excel 2003, and Mic. 2003. I clicked on one of them and it said it required a serial number. I had a older laptop from like 2003 and it showed the same thing. On the 2003 laptop, I just clicked cancel and I could access them no problems. So, on this 2007 Toshiba Laptop, when I press cancel, it just exited. I did some research and it said for me to buy it?! I looked under my laptop and saw a serial number.. but only for OneNote 2003. I couldn't use the same one for the other programs. My questions are.. Were the company suppose to download them and let me have them for free with the purchase of the computer? Was the serial number for OneNote2003 suppose to work for other programs? Do I have to go and buy the Program (containing all the programs in one) seperately?

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

They were "trial" versions and yes you have to pay for them unless you are into formatting your computer constantly.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you may want to look at openoffice as an alternative to office as its also FREE
    www.openoffice.org

I remove these trail versions (be careful as you may be OK to use Word on the PC as part of microsoft works) and suggest people try openoffice, and its very easy to use and will open microsoft documents, most of my friends,. family and contacts are using openoffice rather than MSoffice

4. xCensored

xCensored Banned Thread Starter

How come for my friends, they didn't have to buy the products. Instead, they would open it and when it said to enter in the serial number, they would press CANCEL and the programs would work for them, free of charge.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    they should Not work MS makes a lot of money out of Office- unless it was a deal where MSOffice was included, some PC's did include office.. the demo is time limited usually to 90days

You can get a student version very cheaply, if you are in education at all

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice