1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Access can't display the Add-ins ...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Greg Bruce, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greg Bruce

Greg Bruce Thread Starter

I get this error message when I try to open Access 97 (Office 97):

Microsoft Access can't displaythe Add-ins submenu & Add-in Manager because a setting you entered in the Windows Registry is missing a macroname or functionname expression.

It refuses to go on from there. HOWEVER, if I open an Access file (click on the file itself) it will open and I can use Access with that file. There is no Add-in submenu or Manager on the tools dropdown.

I have a Registry cleaner that may have deleted something and Microsoft Knowledgebase was no help with this one.

What do I do???

Greg

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is it opening a blank database or just Access itself. There should be nothing in opening the Access application that would cause it to freak out unless there was some code running at startup

3. Greg Bruce

Thanks for responding, Rockn.

If I click to open Access I get that error message. It locks up the loading process and completely stops. It never even comes close to opening the program. It just locks and stops. The error message even refuses to leave my screen until I reboot. It doesn't affect anything else I'm doing, but it just sits there. I can't even Task Manager it to get it to go away. I'm running Office 97 on Win2000. I don't know if that matters or not.

I'm THINKING it has something to do with my RegSeeker registry cleaner. It used to work okay. I don't want to reload it because I've done all the updates for Office 97 and if I re-install just Access will I have to re-run all that stuff??

Thanks again, Rockn. I appreciate the help.
    Greg

4. Rockn

Rockn

Just download SR-2b service release for Office 97 and that is the only one you should have to install unless your version isn't even SR-1

5. Greg Bruce

I have that patch installed. I can just run it again, huh? That's cool.

THANK YOU. I'll let you know how it works.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice