Microsoft Access Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Animesing

I need to create a database where i can create 2 tables and then input information in 1 of them then that info will appear in the other database automatically. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Also does anyone know how to name a row. For example, i am trying to create a table that i can use for different employees and their working man hours. Now, i want to be able to say cut off the first 8 rows for the first specific task they are given. Then the next 8 rows will be for the next task they are given.

Can anyone help me on they 2 things?

PS. I also have one more problem, is there anyway that i can create a form in access and then use that form as the branch for newly inputted data forms. For example, i created one called "real" and that has all of the data fields that i want in it. Now once i input the info into the rows and columns and then save it as "not real" for example. Then both "Real" and "not real" have the same info that i inputted. I just want the "not real" to have the data that i inputted while the "Real" has the original data that was inputted before the "not real" data was inputted. How do i fix that?

OBP

I can show you how to do the first part of your question where you enter data in one table and it is automatically entered in a second table (not a second database).
I am not sure what you want to achieve with your second question.
Can't you just have a field for "Task 1" and another field for "Task 2"?

OBP

I have attached a working Example of how it works.
There are 2 tables called Table 1 and Table 2.
There are 2 queries, 1 for each table. You do not have to have these it is just good practice
The forms you are interested in are "Combined Form" and "Subform".
The Combined form has the data entry fields for Table 1 and below them is the Subform which has the fields which are entered automatically from the Table 1 fields.
The data transfer is achieved by Visual Basic contained in the "After update" "Event Procedure" for each of Table 1s fields.
Do not be scared by the VB it is easy to do by copying what I have done and then just changing the Form and Field names to the ones you are using.
To see the VB open the Combined Form in Design mode and click on the first field.
Now click on Properties, now click the "Event" tab and then the After Update Event.
There are 3 little dots to the right hand side , click on those and the VB editor will open and show you the Visual Basic Code for each of the Fields in tab1e 1.

Attachments

Animesing

ok, thx. now what if i wanted to create a table in access that had this info but then have breaks after each set showing that each is a different task.

Attachments

OBP

What you have on your Excel Spreadsheet is more like a summary of the way data is stored in Relational Databases.
The way this would normally be done is to have the data split across a few tables.
i.e. Have a Job/Company Table, a Job Description Table and Employee table all linked by a Job/Company, and Job Description ID number.
So the Job Table has it's ID the Job Description table has it's ID and the Job ID and the Employee table has it's ID and both the other ID numbers.
In that way the data can be pulled together in a query so that it is summarised as in your Excel Spreadsheet.

Animesing

haha, i understand now. Thx OBP. Props to you, i wish i could add to your rep or something.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online