microsoft access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vic 177

Microsoft Access:
I am confused in trying to get alphabetically and numerically to be the same. Is this possible?
As I add a new person to the list the 'Auto number' selects the next available number, but when I sort alphabetically, the numerical sequence is out of order. Please help!!!

Not sure I understand what the problem is. The number just doesn't matter that much; you use it as a unique-identifier key rather than an alphabetical index because (1) computers like numbers better than words, and (2) it allows you to have John Q. Smith and John T. Smith in the same table without a violation.

Why do you want to sort on both at the same time?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts