1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vic 177, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vic 177

vic 177 Thread Starter

Microsoft Access:
    I am confused in trying to get alphabetically and numerically to be the same. Is this possible?
    As I add a new person to the list the 'Auto number' selects the next available number, but when I sort alphabetically, the numerical sequence is out of order. Please help!!!

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

Not sure I understand what the problem is. The number just doesn't matter that much; you use it as a unique-identifier key rather than an alphabetical index because (1) computers like numbers better than words, and (2) it allows you to have John Q. Smith and John T. Smith in the same table without a violation.

Why do you want to sort on both at the same time?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice