1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Account and Linking to iPhone - No App in Sight

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by Mordaen, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordaen

Mordaen Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is actually an iPhone problem or a Windows 10 problem but I do know I'm sick of Googling the problem to no avail...

I wanted to link my phone to my W10 Pro computer at work and so I went through the instructions. Put in my phone number and got the text from Microsoft. Pressed on the link and it took me to the app store where it wanted me to download the Edge browser. Didn't really want that piece of rubbish but did so anyway (figured I could remove it afterwards). Downloaded it and... nothing. So I go back to the link and try again. Takes me back to the same place.

That was a couple of months ago. I've hust hit the same snag trying to create a Microsoft account on my laptop. Link to a phone? Why not. Get texted a link... what do you know? It takes you to Edge in the App Store again.

Windows is up to date, latest version. iPhone is up to date, latest version. Neither seem to want to communiate properly with each other. It's like they've been married 20 years except I still know how to speak to my wife when it's important...

Any ideas? Am I doing something stupidly wrong or does this actually NOT work with iPhone despite them saying it does?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Can't help with your iPhone problem cause I don't have an iPhone. But regarding creating a MS account on your laptop ( which is Win 10 I suppose, you didn't say ) , you can go to outlook.com and create the account first. Then in Settings > Accounts > Family and other users > Add someone else to this PC, you will be asked for an MS Account first. And if you refuse, then it will ask you to make a local account name.

Googled for 'get file from iphone to win 10 and got this:

"Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer using n USB cable through any of the USB ports available on your computer. Step 2: Open iTunes, click the "Files" tab and check the boxes to sync or transfer your files. Step 3: Select your desired destination folder for the files and click "Sync" to complete the transfer."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice