Solved Microsoft Account vs. Local Account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paksiw

Hi guys,

Good day!

I have a PC who has a user Administrator password protected. I also have a user that has no password and a Standard user only.

The problem is somebody logged in an Microsoft account in a Standard user. My computer is no longer protected with the Administrator user. Any installation and uninstall of programs in my computer is no longer ask by the Administrator password but I cannot delete that Standard user because there are files there that is managed by other people.

Anybody has an idea on how to configure this without deleting the Standard user account.

Thank you.

Why not just back up the files managed by other people in the Standard user account, delete that profile, and then re-create a local account where you can restore the files?

Paksiw

well it could be but the thing is I don't know where the important files were stored and I don't have an external or USB as well to store the said files.

Okay, then why not ask the people who manage these files what they need to keep? You can always use a service like Dropbox to upload the files for safekeeping.

Paksiw

Okay thanks for your help I'll just find out how to configure this.
Thank you :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online