1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Apps Woes with New Dell

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by BratDawg, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    I just got a new xps with microsoft office 2003 and windows xp pro. Excel seems to lock up alot opening ordinary documents (request for virus scan forever).... I finally terminate the app and get the "send error" option to send it to ms and get some feedback. This option ALWAYS locks no matter what ms app i'm using.

Suggestions? I'm not impressed... :(

2. OBP

OBP

What Anti-virus program have you got installed, Norton?

3. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    Yes. Newest updated version of NIS.

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello,

I am too very curious here. Do the apps open by themselves for you? Is this just an issue when you go to open a document once inside the app(s)? If you can get into the apps, do you have any common addins associated with them?

And along the lines that OBP is going, does it change anything when you disable the NAV? I don't have the newest version, so I can't test there.

Also, do you have all the Office updates and fixes?

5. OBP

OBP

There are known problems with NIS insisting on scanning documents that you already know are safe, as Zack says have you tried turning that feature off?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice