1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ark9214, May 26, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Ark9214

Ark9214 Thread Starter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter problem.

Hi. I recently purchased Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3-1240 V2 with Graphics card ( Hynix ). CPU Slots are working fine and hynix is correctly inserted in the cpu. Humbly, the problem is that window shows my display adapter as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter with 0mb Vram. Is it my fault or system is simply not detecting it!? Also under device manager display adapter tab, there is only microsoft basic dislpay adapter. I tried to hover internet but could not find relevant information. Please oblige me....

Regards
    Ark 9214

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, your post is very hard to understand. The xeon E3-1240 does not have onchip video. What exact video card did you install?
    Next you see the basic MS display adapter because no driver is installed for your video card. So post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact video card, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post 500W pw supply. Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. Goddess-Bastet

Goddess-Bastet

First Name:
    Virginia
    You probably need to install the graphics card driver.
    The MS one is a placeholder so you can still see what’s on the screen when no driver is installed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice