1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft can't find my sound card?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by iamstuck, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

ok do u know the "start talking" button in the top corner of the new version of MSN? when i clicked on it it said in the MSN screen that my computer didn't have a sound card. I didn't notice this cause i turned off my speakers. when i turned it on, i couldn't hear any sounds. even when i play vidz on media player i can't hear sounds. i tried to look for my sound card but cant find it. plz help.
    thnx.:D

2. deuce

deuce

take a look in control panel/system/device manager/ click on + Sounds, Video, Game Controlers... is there a sound card listed? If not is there anything in the list that has a ! next to it? Is this a new sound card? Has it worked before? If the drivers are there and seem happy check properties to make sure it wasn't disabled.

3. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

yes my sound card isn't new and it worked before. It's just that i can't here sounds in my comp. Does any6 body know how to make it work again?

4. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

oh when i clicked on multimedia on control panel everything is not selectable. All the buttons are gray and i cant press them. plz help.

5. Dan O

Dan O

Try booting into Safe Mode, go to Device Manager, and delete all sound devices, Windows will rediscover them when you boot. To enter into Safe Mode depress and hold down the F8 key for Windows 95 or the Ctrl key for Windos 98/me. Have your Windows CD and any sound driver CD/disk handy, as they will be needed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice