1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Critical Update won't install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by WhiteHat.exe, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteHat.exe

WhiteHat.exe Thread Starter

I dont usually receive problems from microsoft updates, but this one is getting on my nerves a bit. See, I am at a college in california, and there is this program called "Cisco Clean Access" which is like a toll booth to use the internet here. You have a student ID and a password.

for some reason, the campus administrators changed Cisco Clean Access so that it requires everyone to update their computers, mainly PC people. I just got my desktop up and running after installing 2 new GPU's and a PSU, and am now updating it. I have the updates, but one of them is giving me some lip! here....

"Updates were unable to be successfully installed.

The following updates were not installed:
    Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB929969)"

I have it downloaded, and click to install it, but it just wont budge. I tried express install, but to no avail. I tried custom install, again, to no avail. If anyone is familiar with this issue or wants to give me advice, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks!

2. WhiteHat.exe

WhiteHat.exe Thread Starter

I solved it, LoL. the solution is much easier than I thought.

I opened the box that gave me the error report, and clicked on the link it provided in the box below, which led me to a microsoft/tech/bulletin or something, and chose the link under the "affected systems." I guess the problem was with the updater itself. sorry to waste space!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice