1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Microsoft" email with virus attached

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xtchr, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xtchr

xtchr Thread Starter

Do NOT open any email message from "Internet Security Section" of Microsoft addressed to "MS Client" and having the Subject Line "Latest Net Pack."
    This email carries the W32.SwenA virus. I just received the message--I am using Windows ME with Norton AntiVirus 2001, and got a big red virus message when the email arrived. I have it quarantined.
    I am attaching a copy of the message for everyone's information. I particularly like the line "You don't need to do anything after installing this item." ! ! !

Attached Files:

2. mobo

mobo

Actually there are a few varying messages on emails being sent out in the name of microsoft. One that comes to ind that I have received is critical updates.

3. Jamzz

Jamzz

Yes, I have recieved several official looking Microsoft critical security updates and each one has contained a virus that was detected by the anti-virus program.

I am mad that someone is getting away with this bigtime.

I am a computer novice but I know enough to be extremely careful about emails.

4. *aussie_blondie

*aussie_blondie

Thanx, xtchr. I've just found a whole heap of "microsoft" emails in an account I don't use often. Something told me not to click on an unsolicited 'exe' file so I came over here to see what was going on. This is really bad; a lot of people would have been fooled by this one, I think. :(

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice