1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft errors lead to nvidia graphics drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beccasrollibaer, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beccasrollibaer

beccasrollibaer Thread Starter

my HP media center operates with XP windows 2002.I did copy and paste computer specs with my join application.u should have them in your files.nvidia i read is a free download for these drivers.nvidia reccommends me to shut down virus protection, i can do. however it asks me to "disable download acclerator utilities and delete old drivers. I can not find these locations and HOW when i do find them. Please HELP!!!!! i have been at this for days trying on my own.

2. dai

dai

in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
    when windows finishes rebooting
    disable a/virus
    install your drivers
    reboot the computer

to shut down a/virus during the install you just click on it's icon in the task bar and then click on exit

it will start up again on the reboot

what power supply

make
    model
    wattage

3. beccasrollibaer

thanks dai,but i am a beginner and really trying..wheres the device manager? wheres the download accelerator?? i got another error last night for nvidia twin view driver..i hope this fix will do all these drivers from nvidia..this info is from the back of my computer, i hope it will help..hp-media center pc 856X 50/60 HZ 100-127V 4.0A AC. INPUT 200-240 V.2.0A PENTIUM 4 on my c drive reads total 107 free 91.3 GB AND D drive reads total size 4.45 GB AND FREE 772 MB..... DO I HAVE ALOT OF SPACE LEFT???? THANKS..REALLY THANKS!! I DID BUY THIS COMPUTER 8 YEARS AGO AND DIDNT USE MUCH..

4. dai

dai

you are not likely to be using a d/l accelerator

take the side off the case and look at the psu label for the details

you will find the device manager in the control panel

5. beccasrollibaer

thanks dai, i have some work in the next day or 2. i will let you know if this works..PLEASE WATCH FOR ME!! I see dozens of threads closed with not solved and that worrys me a little. I need your time and help. c u soon. Paulette Also; is this a fair amopunt of fFEE space on my drives??? c;drive 91.3 GB d;drive 772 MB

6. dai

dai

D drive is usually a recovery partition

other drives leave 20% free space

when you post i receive a email notification that you have posted

thread are closed when they are not posted to not sure of the time frame i expect it is a least a month

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice