1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Excel 97

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FLYNNE, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLYNNE

FLYNNE Thread Starter

Column widths and Row heights are measured in different uinits in Microsoft Excel 97 .
    Is there any way to configure this application so that they are measured in the same units ?

FLYNNE

2. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

I solved the problem by going to EXCEL 2000. :D

But then... I guess that's not exactly what you were looking for, huh.

Actually, is EXCEL2000 - though it now reads out in units and pixels - a great improvement since you can set cells to 100 pixels by 100 pixels and know it is square, the units are still not the same. For example a 200 pix by 200 pix cell (square) is still listed as 150 units high and 27.86 units wide! Go figure!

If it is any help until someone finds the answer - when using EXCEL97 I always used the conversion of 10 to 73 for specific times when I wanted cell dimensions to correllate. For example, with MY EX97..... a 10 unit column and a 73 unit row was (basically) square. I think that's the way the measure things in Redmond!:p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice