1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft: Google Chrome doesn't respect your privacy

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by Mumbodog, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

Video demonstration

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne...google-chrome-doesnt-respect-your-privacy.ars

Thats why I use Iron Browser instead.
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

2. paisanol69

paisanol69

Thanks for the link, it looks like a case of "the pot calling the kettle balck"

3. guy2

guy2

How dumb so this guy is reviewing browsers he knows nothing about ,cant watch the embedded vid anyway.

There is a trick that starts google chrome in incognito every time.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

6. guy2

guy2

I don't understand why people like IE when windows rams this down every windows throats and thank you sir may i have another ,i would delete it but i know why that's not a good idea. Their cutting deals with government intelligence agency's to spy and that's why windows comes with IE.

Pete LePage needs a taste of his own medicine ,i think we should start off about him not coming out the closet and how he likes to cross dress in his wifes lingerie in front of mirrors.

See how he likes that...

7. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I use Iron Browser, because Chrome has been known to be open source spy-ware....

The switch for both iron and Chrome is to add --incognito after the target in the shortcut to the application.

8. guy2

guy2

Yep ,i didn't know they had a new chrome browser based on chrome source code ,i'm going to try this out for sure.

But...when you install Chrome you are asked if you want Chrome to automatically send usage statistic reports to google.

If it installs spyware the what kind of spyware is it?

9. peck1234

peck1234

i still love chrome... :p

10. zanthal

zanthal

Does Iron Browser have some sort of replacement or compatibility with NoScript?

11. guy2

guy2

Adblocker works good ,it also stops adds from being active/clickable so if your mouse goes near it you wont get automatically redirected. No Noscript from what i know , they've just started in the add'ons game.

you can't go wrong with sandboxie

12. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

13. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Iron is the second browser I've run across in the past few weeks that's also based on Chromium. Comodo Dragon is another browser based on Chromium.

I run both Google Chrome and Chromium on my Linux system. Both are 64-bit browsers and both are SCREAMING fast! (y)

Peace...

14. lighthouse

lighthouse

Microsoft v Google!!!!!!

Hmmm - what I prefer about Microsoft is how they seem more accountable than Google. You see their Buildings in Seatle, these are the People who work for them, Mr Gates is something of a Personality - that sort of thing. Google? Hmmm - where are they based, has anyone ever seen it, who works for them - and does the owner have the same public Persona as the Microsoft Boss? No it, they, them and he doesn't - which is why I find some of this Collation Stuff a bit disturbing. And while they do this who is looking back at them to see if they are looking back at you?

Are the Watchers being watched?

Only once have I ever seen anyone from Google - and they drove down our High Street in some non-descript Vehicle with a Camera on the Roof - while the Driver had a slightly furtive air about him.

You've got a Gripe with Mr Gates you can write him - even by Post - can you do the same with Google?

15. lighthouse

lighthouse

Although I think they might implode on their own success. I've noticed in the last Year or so how they aren't as reliable a Search Engine now as they might have been. Also, if they become too voracious in the end the only Stuff you'll be able to find on Google will be Google - and thus the much vaunted Internet grinds to a halt!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice