1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beswickd, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beswickd

beswickd Thread Starter

I am using a Dell Dimension E510 that I upgraded to 3 Gb of memory and then upgraded from XP Media Center to Vista Home Premium. I'm having a problem with my wireless mouse. I purchased and used (without a problem on XP) a Microsoft Elite Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Since I upgraded to Vista, I have been having problems with the mouse. When I opened an internet page, the second I moved the cursor out of the toolbar and into the page, the page would begin jumping and flickering up and down. Twice now I've deleted the mouse & keyboard problem and re-installed them, and they seem to work for a while. I finally figured out yesterday that this occurred after I ran that IOBIT Windows Cleaner free program so I deleted that program, deleted the Microsoft bluetooth program and then re-installed the Intellitype and Intellimouse programs (6.1) and everything seemed to be working well. This morning, I can't get the mouse to work at all. The system reads the keyboard OK (I'm typing on it right now) and it tells me that the mouse batteries are good so I believe that it sees the mouse, but the cursor will not move with the mouse. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

2. zyper95

zyper95

Try updating the mouse driver.

3. beswickd

beswickd Thread Starter

Thanks. Following your advice, I went to Control Panel and uninstalled Intellipoint, then ran the installation program again. It didn't make any difference. I'm using the wireless keyboard so I know that the receiver is working OK but the mouse will not. Maybe the mouse itself is malfunctioning?

4. zyper95

zyper95

Yup it could be the culprit just to make sure try using the mouse to an another computer if you have one to know if it is really malfunctioning. But if the mouse work then you need to install the latest driver for the Intellimouse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/598934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice