1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft IntelliMouse not working properly...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sachit64, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachit64

sachit64 Thread Starter

Just recently, I've been having trouble with my mouse.

Sometimes, when I single click something, it double clicks it instead. For example, when I want to press the back button, it goes back two pages, even if I click once.

And other times, when I try clicking a link, it doesn't respond. And it takes me a few clicks to actually go to it.

When I open up dropdown menus, whenever I click it once, it goes back up. It takes a few times for me to click it and it stays.

I have no clue what the problem is. It just started happening.

Is there any way I can fix it or any small little tests I can do to check it?

-s64

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi sachit64,
    Go into control panel, click on mouse applet. Look for your double click speed. It sounds as though it is too high.

3. sachit64

sachit64 Thread Starter

Hmmm... it was 1 notch towards FAST, but does it really make it go TAHT FAST?!!?1

I'd have to surf around for a whlie to actually notice a difference. But the only thing is, sometimes it was not RESPONDING to my clicks.

But I'll see if this fixes anything.

-s64

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

You might also reinstall the drivers for the mouse if thast doesnt work. You say one notch: before fast or from slow?

5. sachit64

sachit64 Thread Starter

As I said, "...towards FAST" :p

How would I go about reinstalling drivers, and from where?

-s64

6. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

What type of mouse is it?
    Did it come with the system?
    You can go into device manager, click on mice and other pointing devices right click your mouse, remove. reboot let windows find it
    If you have a different mouse(optical or otherwise) you can right click it, select properties, drivers, remove drivers. Then reinstall the drivers from the cd that came with it. Also you may go to the manufacturers web site and see if there are any updated drivers for your mouse.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/106789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice